I’m such a sucker for summer and literally count the days until it starts to warm up. I love to soak up the sun, go for a bike ride or for a run in nature. But being in the sun also means sweating a lot more. And let’s be honest, some of us sweat more than others, myself included. So I’ve been on the lookout for a good all-natural alternative to the chemical-laden deodorants out there and it’s been a challenge. Not all of them live up to the hype and I’m here to give you my top best natural deodorants that really work.
*This post contains affiliate links for which we may earn commission at no additional cost to you.
Top Best Natural Deodorants That Really Work
Routine has been by far my favorite brand of all-natural deodorants I have discovered and I’ve been using ever since.
Why I love it?
It’s been created with love by two sisters Neige and Pippa in their home base of Calgary, Canada. So yay, it’s Canadian. What’s not to love about that? That also means it’s manufactured and as they claim will always be manufactured in Canada. So no made in China stuff here. Second win! All their ingredients are natural and the product doesn’t contain any chemicals, aluminum and they have a baking soda free versions too.
- 13 scents (I love Sexy Sadie because it smells like sweet ylang ylang and The Curator) and 5 formulas including vegan, sensitive skin (baking soda free), and activated charcoal.
- Pure ingredients with no aluminum zirconium, aluminum chlorohydrate, parabens, triclosan, or propylene glycol.
- Not tested on animals.
- One jar will last you about 3-6 months depending on how often you use it.
- They have a formula that’s safe for pregnant and breastfeeding women as well (Blackberry Betty, Sweet Jane and Bonnie n Clyde unscented).
- It won’t prevent you from sweating because it’s not an antiperspirant so it may not be the best alternative for a super humid day.
- It’s a bit pricey at about $28 Canadian but if you divide the price by the months it will last you it’s not that bad.
- Their product comes in a jar and not a stick so you’ll have to use your fingers to apply it or you can use something like a popsicle stick to apply it. So some people might find this application process messy.
2. The Green Beaver Antiperspirant
I recently tried the antiperspirant from The Green Beaver company and I’ve been really enjoying it so far.
Why I Love It
The Green Beaver is another awesome Canadian all-natural company that really cares about what goes into their products. It was started by a wife-and-husband team Karen Clark and Alain Ménard, who worked in the pesticide and pharmaceutical industries. They were alarmed by all the chemical use in cosmetics and decided to make their own products. That’s exactly what I believe in as well.
- Their antiperspirant is really good at keeping sweat at bay even on the most humid days. I experienced this the other day when temperatures in Toronto rose up to 48 degrees Celsius and trust me that was quite the challenge. Although I did have to reapply mid-day.
- All their products do not contain harmful chemicals to both humans and wildlife.
- They’re EcoCert certified.
- They do not test on animals.
- Their products are gluten and GMO-free.
- Their deodorant and antiperspirant comes in a convenient stick so it makes it very easy to apply.
- The Green Beaver developed a new technology called NaturaDri™, that they use in their antiperspirants instead of aluminum which has been a concern for some. Their formulation is composed of jojoba, mimosa flower waxes, and pharmaceutical grade bonding tapioca as well as corn powders.
- They have a variety of scents to choose from including my favorites: Verve, Escape and Bliss.
- I also tried their deodorant but unfortunately, it just didn’t work for me as it didn’t keep the BO away. So I had to switch to the antiperspirant.
The difference between the two products is that with the deodorant you will still sweat. Even though the deodorant does contain anti-bacterial properties for some people who sweat a lot, like me, it may not be enough to eliminate odor. Antiperspirants are able to block you from sweating, therefore, there is no food for acid to form and cause odor.
Schmidt’s is the first all-natural deodorant I tried and it definitely helped me stay dry and odor-free.
Why I Love It
Schmidt was developed by Jaime Schmidt from Portland, Oregon who was looking for a formula for a plant-based natural deodorant. The product was so beloved it became viral and caught the attention of entrepreneur Michael Cammarata. Together these two created the Schmidt company as it is today. Their products are now sold all over the world.
- Schmidt’s products are certified vegan and cruelty-free.
- All of their products are free of aluminum, propylene glycol, SLS, PEG, parabens, phthalates, artificial fragrance, artificial flavor, artificial colorants, and artificial sweeteners.
- They’re also committed to making their products accessible to all, therefore, they keep their prices low.
- Even though the product comes in a convenient stick I found that it was a bit rough for my skin. Perhaps my skin is too sensitive for it but I found it a bit too abrasive for me. And I noticed a lot of flaking while I was applying it. So, in the end, I wanted to find something more suitable for my skin.
- I wasn’t too crazy about the scents they offer but perhaps you’ll find one you like.
4. Pinch Skincare Natural Deodorant
Pinch Skincare reached out to me after finding this article and I was able to try out their natural deodorant.
Why I Love It
Pinch Skincare is a Canadian company run by Marlon and Michelle O’Reilly who bought the business a while back. All their products are handcrafted in small batches with love in Surrey, British Columbia. They’ve kept the same idea for their natural deodorant but made it even better by adding more organic ingredients including their coconut oil. They also try to source a lot of their organic ingredients locally. After acquiring the company they also revamped their packaging to be completely plastic-free. Which in my opinion is really awesome.
- Their products are synthetic-free as well as free of artificial preservatives, sulfates, phthalates, parabens or silicones.
- Their deodorants are aluminum-free and toxin-free and there are a variety of scents to choose from. I tried the Sweet Orange Patchouli which I really liked as well as the Rosemary Lemongrass scents. The product comes in a stick applicator.
- The company offers a range of face care, green beauty, and body products for both women and men.
- All of their packaging is plastic-free.
- I find that the deodorant was a bit sticky in texture when I applied it to my skin. So you may need to wait a few minutes to put your clothes on.
I am yet to try this all-natural Native deodorant but I’ve heard lots of good things about it. So I’m very interested in trying it and I will update my findings as soon as I do.
Why I’m Excited To Try It?
This company is based in San Francisco, California and all of their deodorants are hand-poured in the U.S. They only use safe ingredients that you can understand and stay away from questionable stuff like aluminum.
- Their deodorants are free from aluminum, parabens, and sulfates.
- Not tested on animals.
- They offer free shipping to anywhere.
- There’s a money-back guarantee. If you’re not satisfied with their product you can ship it back to them within 30 days for free and get a refund.
- They claim to offer great customer service and you’ll get to speak to a courteous human rather than a machine.
- If you subscribe, you can get 17% off your order.
- There are many scents to choose from.
- They have lots of positive reviews you can read online.
- This product contains fragrance therefore it may still contain certain chemicals. The company doesn’t state what is the exact source of the fragrances they use whether it’s natural or synthetic.
6. Anarres Deodorant: Detoxifying Cream
I stumbled upon Annares while I was doing research on best natural deodorants out there. After reading people’s reviews about this product I’m going to order it to try it out.
Why I’m Excited To Try It?
Anarres Apothecary is a social enterprise storefront, online and mail-order resource founded in 2007. It’s run by apprentices, aromatherapy certification students and volunteers under the direction of Tracey Tief who is a Certified Natural Health Practitioner. They offer a variety of products such as natural cosmetics, aromatherapy and cosmetic making supplies including organic ingredients, 500+ ethically sourced essential oils, and dozens of clays, oils, and micas. You can also get packaging and housewares that are good alternatives to plastics as well as other earth-friendly products.
- Their deodorant is all-natural and was created for one of their clients to relieve swollen and painful lymph nodes.
- It contains ingredients that are naturally antibiotic, antiviral and anti-fungal.
- You’ll only need about 10ml per month of use. So a 60ml/90g jar will last you about 6 months to a year.
- Apparently there’s a way to apply this product and you shouldn’t over-apply it because your skin may not react to it anymore and thus it won’t be effective.
- Overuse may cause sensitization to select essential oils.
- You should not suntan when wearing the deodorant as citrus essential oils are photosensitizing.
So there you have it, my 5 top best natural deodorants that really work. I hope you try them out and see for yourself. As with everything when it comes to beauty and skincare products, not everybody will react the same way to a product. Nor does everybody like the same things. You may find that you gravitate towards certain scents more than others.
Let me know if you tried any of these natural deodorants and what was your experience with them. I’d love to hear from you in the comments below. If you want to read more about great all-natural companies check out my article on 7 Best Canadian Natural Skincare Brands You Should Know.
And as always, stay in touch by signing up for our newsletter so you never miss a post or an upcoming giveaway.
The form you have selected does not exist.