Ah, chocolate chip cookies. Who doesn’t love them, huh? My husband, for example, is a fanatic. He can eat them every day, haha. But what can be better than making them from scratch? Truly, when you bake something, it’s so much better than getting it from a box bought in a store. Do you agree with that? Well, today, I’d like to show you how you can make awesome chocolate chip cookies that are simple and delicious, all in the comfort of your own home. So, let’s go!
*This post contains affiliate links for which we may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
How To Make Awesome Chocolate Chip Cookies That Are Simple And Delicious!
Chocolate Chip Cookies Ingredients
1 cup salted butter softened
1 cup sugar (I chose organic granulated cane sugar)
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 large eggs
3 cups all-purpose flour (I opted for gluten-free flour)
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp sea salt
2 cups chocolate chips (chunks, or chopped chocolate)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking pan with parchment paper and set aside
- In a bowl mix flour, baking soda, salt, and baking powder. Set aside
- Cream together butter and sugar until combined
- Beat in eggs and vanilla until fluff.
- Mix in the dry ingredients until combined
- Add a 12 oz package of chocolate chips and mix well
- Roll 2-3 TBS (depending on how large you like your cookies) of dough at a time into balls and place them evenly spaced on your prepared cookie sheets (about 1.5 to 2 inches apart)
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes
- Let the cookies rest on the baking pan for a few minutes before removing them to a cooling rack
NOTE: Do not overbake these cookies. Take them out when they are just BARELY starting to turn brown. They might not look done, but they will continue to cook as they sit and rest.
What You’ll Need To Bake These
You can find all of these in my Amazon Storefront!
How To Store Chocolate Chip Cookies
Store these chocolate chip cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 2 months. But really, do you think they will last that long? Haha, not in my house.
A Few Interesting Facts
If your cookies didn’t spread, it might be due to the fact that your dough was too cold. You actually need room-temperature dough for the cookies to flatten. Also, make sure to cream your butter and sugar well enough.
That’s it, folks. As you can see, it’s pretty easy to make chocolate chip cookies that are simple and delicious. But don’t take my word for it. Just make your own today and come back to tell me how they turned out. Alright?
Don’t forget to sign up for your newsletter so you never miss a post or a fun giveaway.